Thursday, June 21, 2012

What workout makes you happy? How the F**k should I know!?!

So I read an article recently on how the best way to stick to your workout is to do the exercise that makes you happy....REALLY!?!?!?!

If exercise made me happy I wouldn't be in the position I am now!!! Seriously, I don't understand some people.

I do like yoga though. I have purchased a membership to The Yoga Studio that is a 3 minute walk from our house. I have gone once in the past month (oops). That one time made me so sore I could not move properly for 2 days, please refer to the anecdote at the end of my introduction. But the thing is that I really enjoyed the class and I know that if I do it for a few more weeks I'll be able to continue functioning in my life outside of yoga. However, it seems like a mighty big hump to get over.

I also like to ride bikes, but I have a fear of falling so I'm not very adventurous on that front. I was debating on bring my bike to work and going on a leisurely bike ride at lunch times because it's far more active than sitting at my desk reading a book. The problem I have with this is that my bike is broken and I don't know how to fix it. Time to enlist my darling husband I think.

I have tried running and I hate it. I'm far too jiggly to be comfortable. It hurts my knees and ankles. My chest is far to big for it to be enjoyable at all no matter how high impact the bra says it supports. I do, however, love the idea of being a runner. I love the idea of the freedom of running and the ability to just go. But I think it's time to be realistic about my never becoming a runner.

I also love swimming but not as exercise, more as a way to splash around being an idiot. And I have never been good at formal sports even when I was fit. I just lack the coordination to keep it together. Not to mention that way to many people are far to serious about the games that are meant to be just for fun.

I will keep my eyes open though for the stuff that is fun. I promise myself to at least try to get over the hump of my yoga practice. In fact I promise that i will go to my second hips & shoulders class tonight.

Then I will let you know on Saturday what piece of furniture I got stuck in this time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment