Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Back to Normal

Sorry to everyone about the negative post yesterday. It was some stuff I just had to vent, but moving on...

So I had promised I would go to yoga but life got in the way. First I had not washed my yoga towel from the session before so it wasn't pretty, plus we were very unprepared for our long weekend camping trip so a lot of our time was soaked up with that. So here's a review of what's kept us so busy for the last two weeks.


First Book Club book, and I found out later hardly anyone had read it.

I went to my first book club with a meet-up group last Friday night. It was a good time but sometimes a little awkward as most of the women there had teen-aged or grown children. There were a lot of conversations that I couldn't really relate to. I won't let that stop me, they were wonderful women who are all in the same position as me in that they want to meet some new people but have a hard time with it. I will definitely be going back when they resume in the fall.

My darling husband and I went to our first meet-up group together to go see Rock of Ages. It was a hilarious movie and we met some people that we really enjoyed and look forward to hanging out with in the future. So all in all it was a successful night.

For the long weekend we went camping at Pigeon Lake. It was mostly good except for the rain on Sunday. We got soaked!! I might add that rain, cold, lack of sleep, and PMS are a horrible combination. It wasn't the happiest time that morning but we got through it. Otherwise we had a ton of fun. Jason's friend came out with a boat and we all got to go boating and fishing on the lake, of course we didn't catch anything, but it was fun regardless. My sister-in-law had a nibble but it got away :(

It was also our golden retriever Gibson's first boat ride. He was a little whiny but otherwise I think he did great. That is until later when he was acting like a petulant two year old. He kept going into the bushes and just throwing himself around and he would absolutely pout if we told him to get out of there. The poor dog was so tired. He went to bed completely willingly (which is not normal for him). But he loved it out there.

Jason and Gibson, believe it or not they are not posing.
Gibson believes he is hiding.


And last but not least we went to Bull Bustin last night for our anniversary. It was at Ranchman's and it was really good. Of course I will never understand how people can drink so much at 8.50 a drink but that's just my opinion. The bull riding was good and they definitely made a lot of money for charity with the calcutta.





No comments:

Post a Comment